Monday, May 21, 2007

Fantastic Fabric Find

You just never know what you're going to find at the thrift store. I really lucked out a couple weeks ago and found a TON of great stuff. I made three or four trips to St. Vinnie's and I found new stuff each time. The fabric gods were certainly shining on me that week.

This is just a sample of the yardage I bagged. There's lots of cotton, heavy-duty cotton, some oil cloth, and more. I brought my new stash into the house and walked it right back out to the patio so I could take advantage of some late afternoon sunlight. I found that the hot tub makes for a nice backdrop.



[View No. 1]


[View No. 2]


And yes, my wife asked me what the heck I was going to do with all of it. Hmmm, that's a very good question. I see lots of opportunity here. Lots.

UPDATE: Here's the thrift shop that I frequently frequent. (That's not a typo.) Frequently as in multilple times a week. I'm hooked. I'm a thrift shop addict. I can't stop. I can't help myself. There should certainly be a support group for me. (I'll look in the yellow pages when I get home tonight.) For now, I will practice the following line: "Hi. My name is Mike and I'm a thrift-shop-aholic."


[My favorite lunch-hour destination.]

1 comment:

Katie Jean said...

wow that was a great find!