Monday, November 03, 2008

Weekend Update

Hey bloggers! Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend.

I spent a few hours at the office on Saturday and then made a trip to Michael's and spent almost $50.00 on card-making supplies. They had paper on sale and rubber stamps were 40% off, and I found some great bargains in the clearance bin too.

Saturday afternoon was spent cleaning up leaves in the yard. They are very late coming down this year. But..the wife and I took care of those that were on the ground and we also chopped off the sea grass for the winter. Wow...that stuff was tall and the blades of grass are really sharp too.

Sunday morning was church then brunch at the Elk's. Yum-yum! They had a great selection of food. Then...it was time to tackle a job that's been on my list for quite some time.

The pile of "to-be-shortened" pants has been growing since we did some back-to-school shopping back in late summer. And...my wife and I have found some great bargains on slacks recently too. Unfortunatlely, our family is somewhat vertically challenged (read: short).

Since I have the skills and the tools (boy, do I have the tools!) to get the job done, it's my responsibility to mark, cut, press, sew and press again. So...that's what I did yesterday for a few yours. Wow! How nice it is to have that task checked off on my to-do list.


Here's what I was up against:

Eight pairs of pants and a button to replace on Son No. 1's shorts.



After a few hours (with a few short breaks), here's what happened:


Wow! A pants-shortening marathon. And everyone is a winner!
The little bunny on the pillow is from a pattern
I bought many months ago from Hillary over at Wee Wonderfuls.



BTW: I'm planning to put together a little "pants shortening tutorial". I'm sure you all have your own way of doing it, but I found a couple time saving tricks that work well and I thought it would be nice to share it with you. I took tons of step-by-step photos as I was working yesterday, so I think I'm ready to roll. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Harbor Hon said...

I would love to see your tutorial even though I am one of those long-legged people and have to buy tall. I'm only 5'7", but everything seems too short for me if I buy average. Maybe I take up too much seat? :)

Wow! That was a lot of work, but I know you have the skills and tools (i.e. sewing machines, plural) to tackle anything. xxoo