Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Mailbox Full of Magazines!



Better than bills or junk mail, magazines are always welcome in our mailbox. Four of them came today. And even though I don't have a lot of time to sit down and really read them, it's fun to flip through the pages now and then.

This issue of Fortune is all about women in high places in some of America's largest corporations. Impressive. While I'm very much against children being raised by nannies and daycare centers, I don't think all women are cut out to be stay-at-home moms. And I applaud those that are able to balance career and family. It's tough. Let me tell you from experience.

My wife is not a top executive in a big company, but she has a career outside the home and it is a struggle some (most) days to make it all work. Honestly, there are times when we ask ourselves if it's worth it. Sometimes it gets so crazy that I threaten to sell everything we have and move far, far away to fend for ourselves. But I really enjoy hot showers, indoor plumbing and my high-speed internet connection. So I don't envision a 'for sale' sign going up in our yard any time soon.

No comments: