Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Crafty Dad Tip - Organize Your Linen Closet


Here's one that just sort of 'happened' the other day. The flannel sheet set on Son No. 2's bed was exchanged for some lighter-weight sheets. After the flannel set came out of the dryer, I got the idea of stacking up the set [fitted sheet on bottom, flat sheet next, then the two pillowcases].

Then...to keep things neat in the linen closet, I cut off a 2" strip of fabric from a sheet I found at the thrift shop and tied the bundle up. Now all the pieces will be together in the closet. When it's time to put them back on the bed, we can just grab the bundle and go.

I'm sure this is not a new idea, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. So, please leave a nice comment, okay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New idea to me!

sassybead said...

That's a great idea! And colorful...with that bright strip you used for the tie.

Amanda Jean said...

that is a new idea to me too. I am going to have to do this...my linens need (a lot) of organizing!

thanks for sharing the great tip.

Anonymous said...

that looks so nice!

another tip would be to stuff all of the items inside one of the pillowcases.

Bumbershootska said...

I used to put everything into the pillowcase, too
I really like the 'tied' approach, Crafty Dad - it'll be easy for the little ones to make their own beds when they're older, too
What a nice blog!