Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sunday Drive to the Lake

Just a Pine Tree and Blue Sky


I'm not sure why I took this photo. It's a simple pine tree that stands behind our place at the lake. Our weekend getaway spot during the summer.

Sometimes there's beauty in the simplest of things: blue sky, green tree, wispy white clouds.

Life gets complicated most days. I just need to remember: blue sky, green tree, wispy white clouds.

Ok. I'm all better now.



The Tree Tunnel
Yep, here's one I took while driving down the road (on the way to lake). Ok, I know: shame on me. But how else do you get this great shot?

Anyhow...this is the entrance to the tree tunnel. Named as such because during the summer the trees are so full that they actually create a darkened tunnel that we drive through on our way to and from the lake.


It has been tradition for us to take a deep breath as we enter the tunnel and sing a long, steady "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" all the way to the end. Silly, I agree. But tradition is tradition. And we love it. We've been doing it for years. And I'm guessing we'll be doing it for many more. Isn't that what traditions are all about?

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B.U.TEE.Ful! :o)