Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Such a Beautiful Day!


Fall is in the air, that's for sure. And today is a beautiful day. Sunshine and seventy-something. Perfect. But, honestly, I miss summer. I had hoped to spend lots of summer evenings on the patio. Having dinner on the patio, (hamburgers on the grill, potato chips, lemonade and other summertime faire). I wanted to spend the evening in the hot tub with my wife, soothing music pouring from the outdoor speakers. Tiki torches. Lightning bugs. Clear skies with sparkling stars.

Where did all the time go? Where does it always go? Why do my plans never seem to pan out? Where do all these trivial, have-to-get-done tasks come from? Where is the fun time? Does it all go away when you're a parent? What am I missing? Why are my priorities all screwed up? Why am I asking all these questions?

Help! Call the white coats. I think I've reached the edge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. We all know just how you feel. But, here's the trick - the same way you schedule work or appointments? You HAVE to make the time for the fun! It's not TO LATE to jump in the hot tub with tiki torches!!! Go for it!!! Call it Indian Summer and have some extra F.U.N.!!!