Friday, August 11, 2006

Vacation Memories and ... It's Friday Again

I get sentimental right before the kids go back to school each year. Their summer break is way too short. But we had some great times while they were off. A trip to Disney World in June and a long weekend at Cedar Point in July were two high points of summer. I think the boys had a great time. (I know the wife and I did.) Vacation memories are priceless and I get a little choked up thinking about our good times together. Kids grow up so fast...you need to enjoy all the time you have. (Sniff, sniff).

Oh, the picture? That's a shot I took looking across the swimming pool at Cedar Point's Lighthouse Place campground. Those are cottages in the background and just past the cottages is Lake Erie. It's a great place to visit. I highly recommend it as a family vacation spot.


Wow…it’s Friday again. Let’s see. What have I accomplished this week? The bunny is 80% done (still needs some facial features). Although…I suppose I could skip the eyes, nose and mouth and say it’s an Amish bunny. Okay. Maybe not.

The patriotic bib (new size/shape) is about 80% finished as well. Still needs top-stitched and some famous hook-and-loop. I used a baby flannel for the batting this time and I like the weight and general ‘feel’. I’m using the flannel for the other bibs that are in the WIP pile.

I’m making a list of items to make as Christmas gifts this year. Every year we say we’re going to make 90% of the gifts we give. And we run out of time every year. But, this year is going to be different! Mark my words. Personally, I prefer a handcrafted gift over store-bought gift any day. Can I get an “Amen!”? Alright then.

Not sure if we’re going to the Arts & Crafts Festival at Amish Acres this weekend. It’s a FANTASTIC show and we’ve missed the last two years, so perhaps we’ll venture down to Nappannee and check things out. The weather is supposed to be really nice. The heat wave has moved on – the temperature has been perfect.

I still need to upload some pics. I did set up a Flickr account. I’m not an expert at it, but there’s time for that.

1 comment:

the shim family said...

"Amish" bunny...ha ha! So glad you set up a Flickr account, you'll have fun over there! And thank you for the reminder about Christmas gifts...better start thinking of ideas now!