Friday, February 15, 2008

Vacation Day!

Yes! A vacation day. A day sans work. I {heart} vacation days. Especially the kind where I get to spend the entire day with my boys! Woo Hoo....

The boys have a 4-day weekend (President's Day Recess) so I took today off to spend some quality time with them. We went to lunch (Chinese food at New York Buffet). In case you don't know, I'm all about quantity and (quality too ) when it comes to Chinese food. There were tons of choices but we stuck with the basics:

  • Chicken and broccoli
  • Egg drop soup
  • Terriyaki chicken (a/k/a 'chicken on a stick')
  • Black pepper chicken
  • Steamed rice
  • Mei fun
  • Lo mein
It was all very good and we all three ate for about $15.00. Not bad.

This afternoon we're going to do some house cleaning and homework. That will make mama happy. And when mama's happy, everyone is happy. :-)

Early this morning I started making a tote bag out of re-purposed fabric. I found a Vera Wang pillowcase at the Thrift Shop this week. We'll see how it turns out. If I get my house chores done in time, I'll make a trip to the Craft Corner and work on it. Stay tuned.

Hey: have a great weekend.

Now...go make something!

No comments: