Monday, December 17, 2007

A Very "Let it Snow" Kind of Weekend

The weatherman was right about this one. We got some major snowfall on Saturday and Sunday. My wife and I had a nasty drive home from my company's Christmas party that was held 25 miles from home. It was the stuff white knuckles are made of, to be sure.

I'm guessing there was about 18" of it in our driveway. Sure, some of that was from the wind making drifts of the pretty white stuff. But let me tell you that it was a TON of snow and it took us a very long time to get the driveway cleaned off.

Sunday was a great day to stay home, so we spent time making chocolate chip cookies (the best ones we've ever made). I also made up a big batch of sugar cookie dough. It's chilling in the fridge right now. Perhaps tonight we'll get out all the cookie cutters and get 'em done. The boys each have their own rolling pin. We got them at an Amish store not too far from home a few years back. So...the annual cookie cutting and baking tradition will continue at the Crafty Dad residence tonight. I promise there will be pictures.

Oh, and I've been working on my dad's stocking cap. And...I'm about 50% finished with a tote bag from my cousin who is in Swim Club. I received a request for one as a Christmas gift. Stay tuned for a photograph or two. It's my first official lined tote bag. So far so good. If you're looking for a great tutorial, go check this out. Thanks Mariko!

No comments: