Friday, May 11, 2007

Lunchtime Trip To WalMart

Okay...my wife and I generated the following shopping list this morning during breakfast:

  • 2 jars of salsa
  • 1/2 flat of marigolds
  • 1/2 flat of red impatiens
  • 1 package of napkins
  • 1 package of sandwich bags
  • 1 sting stick
  • topsoil

So, what's in the cart? Hmm, let's see....there's a case of Diet Dr. Thunder (I'm a cheap-ass, okay?). I spent $1.97 on twelve cans of diet soda and $249.00 on a new digital camera (Fujifilm FinePix S700). Digital camera? Ummm, that's not on the list, is it? No it's not. Let's just say I'm somewhat of an impulse buyer. Sometimes I buy a magazine at the checkout counter, sometimes I buy a digital camera and memory card in the photo department. It's just the way I am. Acutally, it's all Alicia's fault. Click here and see why.

What else is in the cart, oh....two jars of pineapple/peach/chipotle salsa (very, very good), a box of 100 sandwich bags, some filtered drinking water (for the steam iron), a pack of 400 napkins, an "After Bite" stick for bee stings and the like (a handy item to have when you are outdoors with the kids), and, oh yes!, a greeting card. (Don't tell Hallmark or WalMart, but I took a photo of the card so I could go home and make one just like it. Price on the card: $3.83. Cost of my card: priceless. Seriously, it will be much less, trust me. The design is wonderful and I'm sure it won't take too much effort to duplicate it.


[Click on the image to get a better view of the greeting card.]


Okay. So have a great weekend!

P.S. Maybe I'll see you at WalMart sometime. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a Target girl, but you never know!!
Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com

Mike said...

Stephanie - I'm a "Target Guy", but there's not a store close enough to make it to and from during my lunch hour. :-( Between WalMart, the Goodwill Store, and the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift shop, I seem to find lots and lots of stuff. Just ask my wife. :-)