Friday, May 25, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane ...

... no, actually we're driving. To the lake for a three day weekend. And with the mad rush of end-of-school-year activities, my wife and I need some 'down time'. I mean it's all been good: the boys got awards at school and that's ALWAYS a good thing. Then there was the band concert (Son No. 1 plays a mean alto sax.) And the field trips. Our oldest was just in Chicago at the Museum of Science and Industry. (See photo above.) And, just today, my wife accompanied our first-grader to the Ft. Wayne Zoo. So..it's been a busy, busy time.

My oldest 'graduated' from elementary school this year. It's off to the big middle-school next fall. Yikes! That's a transition for all of us. (Perhaps more for my wife and I than him....we'll see about that.) He was honored last night with a President's Circle Award for academics. The boy is bright, I'm telling you. (He takes after his mother, you know.) Books? Oh, heck -- he devours them. And that's a very good thing. (On that subject he takes after his dad.).

So...it's off to the lake for some good ol' R & R. Here's hoping the sun shines for at least most of the weekend.

Have a very good weekend, peeps! See you next week.


P.S. I don't want to forget our 'little guy'. Our six year old is a smart little cookie too. He has been recognized a few times this year as well. And that boy....oh, he's a charmer...so watch out girls.

No comments: