Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just Checking In

Hey all. Happy Thursday! Hope all is well with you. Things here are good. The weather has turned very cold. Yesterday the thermometer in my truck said 12 degrees. Brrrrrrr. As one of my favorite podcasters (Brenda Dayne) would say, "If you're cold, put on a sweater. That's what they're for." You go Brenda! [NOTE TO SELF: It will be a hundred years before I knit a sweater, so store-bought will have to do for now.]

Speaking of fiber-art....I have a wool scarf on the hook. My son saw it, loves the colors and wants it . So...I guess I'm making a scarf for Son No. 1. I also have a stocking cap on another hook. I made it through about 7 rounds last night before turning in for the night. And the hat is MINE, all mine. Because sometimes, you just need to make something for yourself. Photos soon.

Oh...and on the Science Project scene: Son No. 1 is growing beans in three different soils to see which is best. Stay tuned for pictures.

1 comment:

Betriska said...

OH I LOVE Science projects!!!! We grew plants (well sort of) in the CLOSET!!! Proving that you REALLY need sunlight to GROW!!!!

Hey! Cary Grant was knitting on TCM today!!! "Mr. Lucky" .... COOL!!!

Ok. So I want to HOOK something, too!!! I can. I just haven't. But, then on the other hand? I JUST cast on an alpaca SOCK!!! On my new (bought online at JoAnn.com for 50% off) ROSEWOOD double points! On MAN I feel rich!!!