Friday, April 14, 2006

Yes Virginia, there IS a finished project!


I have amazed myself. I actually started and finished a project today. Woo Hoo!!

Here's the Easter baby bib for my cousin's little girl, Faith. I made it tonite in record time. And it turned out very well (if I say so myself).

I've been making baby bibs for over ten years now -- ever since my first son was born. My wife and I were not happy with the plastic/vinyl bibs, so I drafted a pattern and the rest is history. Now I make them for all the other babies in the family. The parents really appreciated them. It's a project that takes 30 minutes or less and you only need about a yard of fabric.

Getting smarter in my old age. I created a template using a thin sheet of plastic I found at Hobby Lobby during our last visit. I traced the (fabric) pattern I've been using for quite some time onto the plastic and, using household shears, cut it out. Since I can see thru the template, I know exactly where the images on the fabric will appear. Smart, huh? (Notice the chick hatching out of the egg in the center of the bib?) Works like a charm.

No comments: